Youtube Video Roanoke/ Digging for the truth
1) At the time of the colonists, did the shoreline extend further or less than today?
2) Have any archeologists find any artifacts in Roanoke?
3) For how many years have archeologists been digging for the lost colony of Roanoke?
a) Over 400 years
b) Over 135 years
c) Over 100 years
4) When was Jamestown established?
5) How many trees had to be used to build the wall around Jamestown?
6) How many feet were the posts buried in the ground?
a) 3-4 feet
b) 5-6 feet
c) 6-7 feet
7) What year did the settlers of Roanoke vanish (disappear)?
8) Does Roanoke appear large enough to support a growing English colony?
9) What is the last known address of the lost colony?
a) Ft. Raleigh
b) Ft. Hood
c) Ft. Waldorf
10) How many colonists where there at Roanoke?
11) After how long was the first English child born in America at Roaoke?
a) 1 month
b) 6 months
c) 1 year
12) When measuring climate using trees, what is use to measure?
a) The length of the tree
b) The rings of the tree
c) The root system of the tree
13) After how long after their arrival did John White return to England?
a) 9 months
b) 6 months
c) 1 month
14) Was Manteo, the Croatan Indian chief, friendly or unfriendly to the colonists?
15) Did Govoner White reach Croatan island?
16) What is the basis of technology of native American tools?
17) John’s White’s drawings show that the native Americans
a) Fished for food
b) Raised cattle
c) Raised sheep
18) Why did the colonists leave Roanoke?
a) To get to the other settlements
b) To escape native American attacks
c) To look for food
19) Did the rumors of gold turn out to be true or false?
20) Was mixing diverse cultures common for Native Americans?
21) The Payne family name was in North Carolina for how many years?
a) Over 100
b) Over 200
c) Over 300
22) Are there any genetic matches of anyone with the last name Payne in the USA and in Scotland?
23) Is the search for the Roanoke colonists over?