1) How many people more were killed under Stalin than under Hitler?
a) ˝ as many
b) Twice as many
c) 3 times as many
2) Stalin means what?
a) Man of steel
b) Man of Strength
c) Man of iron
3) For how many years did the Romanov’s rule
a) Over 200
b) Over 300
c) Over 400
4) Who took charge right after the fall of the Czar?
5) Who did Lenin want to be his successor?
a) Josef Stalin
b) Leon Trotsky
6) What does Stalin do to the Russian Orthodox religion?
a) He promotes it
b) He tolerates it
c) He bans it
7) What does Stalin offer to
a) The people
8) What did Stalin do to many priests?
a) He had the exiled
b) He had them executed
c) He made them marry
9) What is a “collective”?
a) Giant state owned farmed
b) A collection of wealth distributed to the people
c) Collective bargaining
10) When the farmers refused to deliver their harvest what did Stalin do?
a) He ordered the farmers to all be executed on their farms
b) The police took everything away from each home
c) The farms were given to others who would cooperate
11) What is a Gulag?
a) The center of the Politburo
b) The Secret Police Squad
c) Giant work camps
12) In 1932 did the rural population of
13) How did Stalin keep the Ukrainians from escaping?
a) He had the roads blocked
b) Marx helped him
c) He put the Ukrainians in jail
14) How many people are starving in the
a) 2 million
b) 3 million
c) 5 million
15) What year did Stalin’s first wife die in?
16) How many children did Stalin have by his 2nd wife?
17) Did Stalin want his wife to participate in politics?
18) How did Stalin see
a) As a friend
b) As an authority
c) As a threat
19) How many central committee members were shot?
20) After the death of
a) US takeover
21) What was the Lubianka in
a) Headquarters of secret police
b) Community party headquarters
c) Stalin’s home
22) In 1937 how many people were shot outright?
23) How many death lists were signed by Stalin himself?
24) By the 2nd year what was the death rate in
the Gulag by the
25) What was the gold quota?
a) 75 cartloads per prisoner per day
b) 100 cartloads per prisoner per day
c) 125 cartloads per prisoner per day
26) How many prisoners lost their lives in this Gulag?
a) 1 million
b) 2 million
c) 3 million
27) How did Stalin try to portray himself to his people?
a) As a dictator
b) As the father of his country
c) As the founder of the republic
28) Was Stalin present on the night of the October Revolution?
29) Did Stalin have a good or bad relationship with his mother?
30) How many of his top generals did Stalin have executed?
31) In what year was Trotsky assasinated?
32) Did Stalin have much or little military knowledge?
33) When Stalin’s son was captured by the Nazis, did he surrender?
34) What stopped the Germans in their tracks?
a) Russian tanks
b) Russian government
c) Russian winter