Video Letters from WWI
1) How many men fought during WWI?
a) 56 million
b) 60 million
c) 65 million
2) In what year did the
3) How many men were in the
4) How much time did soldiers have to put on their gas masks?
a) 10 seconds
b) 8 seconds
c) 6 seconds
5) Did the army encourage or discourage men to write home?
6) In what month did the first US troops leave for
7) How did the French and British react to the arrival of American troops?
a) They resented them
b) They welcomed them with open arms
c) The did not need them
8) Did any African Americans fight in WWI?
9) American troops, as soon as they arrived in
10) American newspapers were reporting WWI accurately.
11) How many censors worked in
12) In 1918
a) Frontiers of the
b) Russian lines
c) Allied lines
13) By end of summer of 1918 how many Americans were dead?
14) After how many years did the tide of the war turn?
15) Date of time of peace, of armistice:
a) Nov 3
b) Nov 11
c) Nov 30